Saturday, 4 August 2012

She Said Beauty Box August 2012

Here's what I got in this month's She Said Beauty box!


A lot of people were disappointed with this box, but I actually quite liked it :)


*White Glo toothpaste - I'm really looking forward to testing this out. I've never really tried anything to whiten my teeth, so I'm interested to find out how well this actually works. The full size costs £3.99 and comes with a toothbrush, so it's really affordable!
*Balance Me Rose Otto Lip Salve - This is a full size product and is worth £12. I'm glad this was in the box, I've tried it and I actually really like it. But at the same time, this lip salve was free with Glamour magazine last month, so lots of people would have already had it.
*Redken Colour Extend Radiant-10 - This didn't really interest me as I don't have coloured hair, but it promises 10 different benefits for the hair, so I'll still give it a try!


*Papier Poudre  'Rachel' Powdered Paper - This is a little book of blotting paper, which supposedly cleanses the pores whilst getting rid of oiliness. I used to always use blotting paper on my face before I started wearing makeup, so this is a blast from the past haha. I'm looking forward to trying them out.
*4711 Eau De Cologne - This is a teeny tiny little bottle, it's so cute! I really don't like the smell of it though, it smells like a mans fragrance, and I always thought 'cologne' referred to men's fragrances so I don't even know if this is a women's scent. Bit of a random one!
*Nails Inc polish in Brook Street - This is a tiny nail polish, it's only 4ml. I would have loved to have gotten a full size polish in this box, but I suppose it's handy to have small sizes for travelling. There are 4 different colours in this months box; a light pink, a bright pink, a navy blue and a coral colour which is the one that I got. This month you would have either gotten one of these polishes or a pack of nail foils, and I was so happy to see that I had gotten one of the polishes!

This is what Brook St looks like on, except it's more pink in real life!

Like I said, a lot of people have been complaining about this box, and I suppose there aren't any luxury or high-end products in here, which is a bit disappointing. However I didn't think this box was too bad. I can't currently afford to keep 2 beauty box subscriptions going, so I have decided to stick with She Said and I have suspended my Joliebox subscription. As far as I know, that means that I won't get any more Jolieboxes until I reactivate my subscription, at least that's what I'm hoping it means!

What did you think of this months She Said box? :)

-Dara x


1 comment:

  1. Love the colour of the nail polish! Wish I could afford monthly boxes! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment, I love reading them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...